Re: [RFC v2 16/32] x86/tdx: Handle MWAIT, MONITOR and WBINVD

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue May 11 2021 - 11:52:53 EST

The 'default' case in this 'switch' prints the exit reason and faults,
can't that also trigger a backtrace that dumps the exception stack and
the faulting instruction? In other words shouldn't this just fail with
a common way to provide better debug on any unhandled #VE and not try
to continue running past something that "can't" happen?

It will use the #GP common code which will do all the backtracing etc.

We didn't think we would need anything else than what #GP already does.

-Andi