the qemu-nbd process automatically exit with the commit 43347d56c 'livepatch: send a fake signal to all blocking tasks'

From: xiaojun . zhao141
Date: Tue Apr 13 2021 - 23:55:59 EST

I found the qemu-nbd process(started with qemu-nbd -t -c /dev/nbd0
nbd.qcow2) will automatically exit when I patched for functions of
the nbd with livepatch.

The nbd relative source:
static int nbd_start_device_ioctl(struct nbd_device *nbd, struct block_device *bdev)
{
struct nbd_config *config = nbd->config;
int ret;

ret = nbd_start_device(nbd);
if (ret)
return ret;

if (max_part)
bdev->bd_invalidated = 1;
mutex_unlock(&nbd->config_lock);
ret = wait_event_interruptible(config->recv_wq,
atomic_read(&config->recv_threads) == 0);
if (ret)
sock_shutdown(nbd);
flush_workqueue(nbd->recv_workq);

mutex_lock(&nbd->config_lock);
nbd_bdev_reset(bdev);
/* user requested, ignore socket errors */
if (test_bit(NBD_RT_DISCONNECT_REQUESTED, &config->runtime_flags))
ret = 0;
if (test_bit(NBD_RT_TIMEDOUT, &config->runtime_flags))
ret = -ETIMEDOUT;
return ret;
}

When the nbd waits for atomic_read(&config->recv_threads) == 0, the klp
will send a fake signal to it then the qemu-nbd process exits. And the
signal of sysfs to control this action was removed in the commit
10b3d52790e 'livepatch: Remove signal sysfs attribute'. Are there other
ways to control this action? How?

Thanks very much.