Re: New 'make dtbs_check W=1' warnings

From: Rafał Miłecki
Date: Fri Apr 09 2021 - 01:28:03 EST

On 2021-04-09 05:37, Florian Fainelli wrote:
On 4/8/2021 8:08 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
Greetings to all Arm platform maintainers,

I've just gone through the DT merges I've received so far and, with a
little help from Rob,
managed to run 'make dtbs_check W=1' before and after, to see what
warnings we get.
The good news is that the number of warnings is going down, but
unfortunately there
is still an unmanageable amount of remaining warnings, and some new
ones crept in.

I'm still working on my tooling for this, to catch these better, but
ideally I think we should
try to not introduce new warnings. I think some platforms are already
clean, and I did
not see any new warnings for mvebu, samsung and broadcom. There were a lot of
warnings from .dtsi files, and I probably did an incomplete job at
deduplicating those.

There are definitively a ton of warnings for Broacom DTS files, a number
of those warnings exist because the bindings were not converted to YAML.
Rafal, do you think you could help me with taking care of the
BCM5301X/4908 warnings?

Sure, I got rid of one or two warnings already, I'll keep working on that.