Re: [RFC v2 2/2] cgroup: sev: Miscellaneous cgroup documentation.

From: Jacob Pan
Date: Fri Mar 12 2021 - 17:58:08 EST

Hi Vipin,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 13:15:14 -0800, Vipin Sharma <vipinsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 12:58:21PM -0800, Jacob Pan wrote:
> > Hi Vipin & Tejun,
> >
> > Sorry for the late reply, I sent from a different email address than I
> > intended. Please see my comments inline.
> >

> > On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 03:51:16 -0500, Tejun Heo <tj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Sounds good. Perhaps some capability/feature flags for each resource
> > such that different behavior can be accommodated?
> > Could you please include me in your future posting? I will rebase on
> > yours.
>
> Hi Jacob
>
> Based on Tejun's response, I will not add charge migration support in
> misc controller.

Sounds good. I need some confirmation on whether migration is a must have
for VMs allocated IOASIDs.
Our primary goal is to limit the amount of IOASIDs that VMs can allocate.
If a VM is migrated to a different cgroup, I think we need to
charge/uncharge the destination/source cgroup in order enforce the limit. I
am not an expert here, any feedback would be appreciated.

> I can definitly add you in my future posting, if you still wanna use it
> without charge migration support.

Yes, please. I got your v3 already, so just future patches.

> Thanks
> Vipin

Thanks,

Jacob