Re: [Patch v3 1/2] cgroup: sev: Add misc cgroup controller

From: Tom Lendacky
Date: Fri Mar 12 2021 - 16:19:27 EST

On 3/12/21 2:51 PM, Sean Christopherson wrote:
On Fri, Mar 12, 2021, Vipin Sharma wrote:
On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 07:59:03PM +0100, Michal Koutný wrote:
+#ifndef CONFIG_KVM_AMD_SEV
+/*
+ * When this config is not defined, SEV feature is not supported and APIs in
+ * this file are not used but this file still gets compiled into the KVM AMD
+ * module.
+ *
+ * We will not have MISC_CG_RES_SEV and MISC_CG_RES_SEV_ES entries in the enum
+ * misc_res_type {} defined in linux/misc_cgroup.h.
BTW, was there any progress on conditioning sev.c build on
CONFIG_KVM_AMD_SEV? (So that the defines workaround isn't needeed.)

Tom, Brijesh,
Is this something you guys thought about or have some plans to do in the
future? Basically to not include sev.c in compilation if
CONFIG_KVM_AMD_SEV is disabled.

It's crossed my mind, but the number of stubs needed made me back off. I'm
certainly not opposed to the idea, it's just not a trivial change.

Right, I looked at it when I was doing the SEV-ES work and came to the same conclusion.

Thanks,
Tom