Re: 'make O=' indigestion with module signing

From: David Howells
Date: Fri Mar 12 2021 - 04:02:17 EST

Valdis Klētnieks <valdis.kletnieks@xxxxxx> wrote:

> So the root cause was: 'make mrproper doesn't clean certs/' out enough,
> and this chunk of certs/Makefile
> I admit not being sure how (or if) this should be fixed

It's tricky because CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY may not point to a file, let alone a
file that was autogenerated - it can be given a PKCS#11 URI, for instance. I
had to put in the autogeneration based on a magic config string value to stop
randconfig blowing up - but it only does the autogeneration if you don't put
in your own file there before building.

Possibly I can add something like:

clean-files := signing_key.pem x509.genkey

inside the

ifeq ($(CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY),"certs/signing_key.pem")
endif

section.

David