Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the powerpc-fixes tree

From: Uwe Kleine-König
Date: Tue Mar 02 2021 - 03:51:40 EST

Hello,

On 3/2/21 3:09 AM, Michael Ellerman wrote:
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi all,

After merging the powerpc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c:5399:13: error: conflicting types for 'ibmvnic_remove'
5399 | static void ibmvnic_remove(struct vio_dev *dev)
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c:81:12: note: previous declaration of 'ibmvnic_remove' was here
81 | static int ibmvnic_remove(struct vio_dev *);

Caused by commit

1bdd1e6f9320 ("vio: make remove callback return void")

Gah, is IBMVNIC in any of our defconfigs?! ... no it's not.

Would you accept a patch to add the driver to one of the defconfigs as an excuse for the build breakage I created? Which would be appropriate? ppc64_defconfig?

I have applied the following patch for today:

Thanks, I'll squash it in.

Also thanks for catching to Stephen and to Michael for the fixup.

Best regards
Uwe