Re: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the net-next tree

From: Kalle Valo
Date: Fri Feb 19 2021 - 09:59:06 EST

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 07:52:56 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
>> produced these warnings:
>>
>> Documentation/networking/filter.rst:1053: WARNING: Inline emphasis start-string without end-string.
>> Documentation/networking/filter.rst:1053: WARNING: Inline emphasis start-string without end-string.
>> Documentation/networking/filter.rst:1053: WARNING: Inline emphasis start-string without end-string.
>> Documentation/networking/filter.rst:1053: WARNING: Inline emphasis start-string without end-string.
>>
>> Introduced by commit
>>
>> 91c960b00566 ("bpf: Rename BPF_XADD and prepare to encode other atomics in .imm")
>>
>> Sorry that I missed these earlier.
>
> These have been fixed in the net-next tree, actually. I was fooled
> because an earlier part of the net-next tree has been included in the
> wireless-drivers (not -next) tree today so these warnings popped up
> earlier, but are gone one the rest of the net-next tree is merged.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

Argh, sorry about that Stephen. I was preparing wireless-drivers for
followup fixes sent during the merge window, but didn't realise that it
will mess up your tree building. I need to avoid this in the future and
wireless-drivers should only follow the net tree.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches