Re: Regression: 6eb0233ec2d0 ("usb: don't inherity DMA properties for USB devices")

From: Thomas Zimmermann
Date: Thu Feb 18 2021 - 13:01:46 EST

Hi

Am 18.02.21 um 16:07 schrieb Christoph Hellwig:
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 03:56:00PM +0100, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
I only have udl devices, but I expect that other DRM USB adapters are also
affected.

Find where the driver calls dma_map_* itself instead of using the USB
wrappers and fix that..

Sure, it's at [1]. For udl, the dmabuf would need to be in system memory. The driver creates urbs from the framebuffer content and sends them to the device for displaying.

My question is more: what's the best interface to do this? Is there example code somewhere?

Best regards
Thomas

[1] https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.11/source/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_prime.c#L630

--