RE: [RFC] IRQ handlers run with some high-priority interrupts(not NMI) enabled on some platform

From: Song Bao Hua (Barry Song)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2021 - 17:49:07 EST

Basically, we wrote drivers with the assumption that this driver will
be cross-platform. (Of course there are some drivers which can only work
on one platform, for example, if the IP of the device is only used in
one platform as an internal component of a specific SoC.)

So once a device has two or more interrupts, we need to consider one
interrupt might preempt another one on m68k on the same cpu if we also
want to support this driver on m68k. this usually doesn't matter on
other platforms.

on the other hand, there are more than 400 irqs_disabled() in kernel,
I am really not sure if they are running with the knowledge that
the true irqs_disabled() actually means some interrupts are off
and some others are still open on m68k. Or they are running with
the assumption that the true irqs_disabled() means IRQ is totally
quiet? If the latter is true, those drivers might fail to work on
m68k as well.

Thanks
Barry