Re: Commit 4257f7e0 ("PCI/ASPM: Save/restore L1SS Capability for suspend/resume") causing hibernate resume failures

From: Kenneth R. Crudup
Date: Wed Jan 27 2021 - 11:07:31 EST

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

> > Any new news on this? Disabling "tlp" (which just shifts the problem around
> > on my machine) shouldn't be a solution for this issue.
>
> Agreed; disabling "tlp" is a workaround but not a solution.

Actually, disabling "tlp" doesn't fix the issue; I'd tested this and if IIRC,
if I don't use tlp it doesn't prevent this from happening, it just shifts it
from breaking on hibernate cycles to suspend/resume cycles instead.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Orange County CA