Re: [Patch v4 1/2] cgroup: svm: Add Encryption ID controller

From: Vipin Sharma
Date: Tue Jan 26 2021 - 22:52:59 EST

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 05:01:04PM -0500, Tejun Heo wrote:
> The whole thing seems pretty immature to me and I agree with you that coming
> up with an abstraction at this stage feels risky.
>
> I'm leaning towards creating a misc controller to shove these things into:
>
> * misc.max and misc.current: nested keyed files listing max and current
> usage for the cgroup.
>
> * Have an API to activate or update a given resource with total resource
> count. I'd much prefer the resource list to be in the controller itself
> rather than being through some dynamic API just so that there is some
> review in what keys get added.
>
> * Top level cgroup lists which resource is active and how many are
> available.

Sounds good, we can have a single top level stat file

misc.stat
Shows how many are supported on the host:
$ cat misc.stat
sev 500
sev_es 10

If total value of some resource is 0 then it will be considered inactive and
won't show in misc.{stat, current, max}

We discussed earlier, instead of having "stat" file we should show
"current" and "capacity" files in the root but I think we can just have stat
at top showing total resources to keep it consistent with other cgroup
files.

Thanks
Vipin