Re: [BUG] copy_file_range with sysfs file as input

From: Ian Lance Taylor
Date: Mon Jan 25 2021 - 14:56:52 EST

Thanks for the note. I'm not a kernel developer, but to me this
sounds like a kernel bug. It seems particularly unfortunate that
copy_file_range returns 0 in this case. From the perspective of the
Go standard library, what we would need is some mechanism to detect
when the copy_file_range system call will not or did not work
correctly. As the biggest hammer, we currently only call
copy_file_range on kernel versions 5.3 and newer. We can bump that
requirement if necessary.

Please feel free to open a bug about this at https://golang.org/issue,
but we'll need guidance as to what we should do to avoid the problem.
Thanks.

Ian