Re: [GIT PULL] perf tools fixes for v5.11, 2nd batch

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jan 22 2021 - 17:04:53 EST

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:52 AM Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
<acme@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Test results in the signed tag at:

Side note: I'd actually prefer if you didn't do this. These big things
end up being (a hidden) part of the merge commit (and that's how the
tag verification works after-the-fact: ie I don't just verify the tag
when I pull, you can also do the verification later), and it really
makes zero sense to add 28kB of data to each merge just because you
hid them in the signed tag.

It would actually be better to have it just in the email at the end,
not in the tag.

Please?

Linus