Re: Splicing to/from a tty

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jan 18 2021 - 17:05:09 EST

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 1:54 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But it might well be some other conversion bug of mine even if I tried
> to keep it fairly minimal and straight-forward.

Duh. I completely forgot to handle the canon_copy_from_read_buf()
case. So ICANON mode was entirely scrogged and would just return
-EFAULT.

That would do it. I'm surprised how well everything I did actually
worked - because all my normal terminal apps (shell, editor etc)
obviously end up not using icanon at all.

I'll have a third patch in a moment, but while it's ready I want to
actually reboot and confirm it first.

Linus