Re: Ftrace startup test and boot-time tracing

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Dec 07 2020 - 15:26:23 EST

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 23:02:59 +0900
Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There will be the 2 options, one is to change kconfig so that user can not
> select FTRACE_STARTUP_TEST if BOOTTIME_TRACING=y, another is to provide
> a flag from trace_boot and all tests checks the flag at runtime.
> (moreover, that flag will be good to be set from other command-line options)
> What would you think?

Yeah, a "disable_ftrace_startup_tests" flag should be implemented. And
something that could also be on the kernel command line itself :-)

"disabe_ftrace_startup_tests"

Sometimes when debugging something, I don't want the tests running, even
though the config has them, and I don't want to change the config.

-- Steve