Re: [GIT PULL] 9p update for 5.10-rc7 (restore splice ops)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Dec 03 2020 - 14:58:13 EST

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 2:33 AM Dominique Martinet
<asmadeus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Linus,
>
> Someone just reported splice got disabled in 5.10-rc1, here's a couple
> of patches to turn it back on using generic helpers.

Pulled.

> (Thanks for letting me know my mails got flagged as spam last time, I've
> taken the time to setup dkim/dmarc which brings its share of problems
> with some mailing lists but hopefully will help here)

It looks good here, but I would suggest you edit your DKIM configuration a bit.

In particular, you have "List-ID" in your set of header files that
DKIM hashes, and that means that any mailing list that then adds that
header will destroy your DKIM hash.

So you seem to make it almost intentionally hard for your DKIM to be
valid when you send emails to a list.

I'd suggest you keep the DKIM hash to just the basic fields that your
MUA will fill in, ie things like

Date:From:To:Cc:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID

because if somebody messes with *those*, then I think they are doing
something wrong - in ways that adding a "List-ID" as it goes through a
mailing list is not.

(But I'm not a DKIM expert, just a spam hater).

Linus