Re: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the f2fs tree

From: Chao Yu
Date: Wed Dec 02 2020 - 22:48:40 EST

On 2020/12/3 11:43, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got conflicts in:

fs/f2fs/checkpoint.c
fs/f2fs/f2fs.h
fs/f2fs/super.c

between commit:

5c0602188dc7 ("f2fs: fix kbytes written stat for multi-device case")

from the f2fs tree and commits:

8446fe9255be ("block: switch partition lookup to use struct block_device")
9499ffc75217 ("f2fs: remove a few bd_part checks")

from the block tree.

I fixed it up (I think, see below, fs/f2fs/f2fs.h and fs/f2fs/super.c
used the versions from the f2fs tree) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

The fix looks good to me. :)

Thanks,