Re: remove set_fs for riscv

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Sun Sep 06 2020 - 18:19:11 EST

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 9:17 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 08:15:03PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > Is there a bigger plan for the rest? I can probably have a look at the Arm
> > OABI code if nobody else working on that yet.
>
> m68knommu seems mostly trivial and not interact much with m68k/mmu,
> so that woud be my next target. All the other seems to share more
> code for the mmu and nommu case, so they'd have to be done per arch.
>
> arm would be my first target because it is used widespread, and its
> current set_fs implemenetation is very strange. But given thar you
> help maintaining arm SOCs and probably know the arch code much better
> than I do I'd be more than happy to leave that to you.

I've had a first pass at this now, see

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/playground.git/log/?h=arm-kill-set_fs

There are a couple of things in there that ended up uglier than I was
hoping for, and it's completely untested beyond compilation. Is this
roughly what you had in mind? I can do some testing then and post
it to the Arm mailing list.

Arnd