Re: [ANNOUNCE] v5.9-rc2-rt1

From: Daniel Wagner
Date: Thu Aug 27 2020 - 05:19:16 EST

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:43:26PM +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> All looks good, no crash and all tests do pass on x86_64. Firing up the
> ARM boards now.

All test pass on the BeagleBone Black.

Something is a bit weird with my RPi3 in 64bit mode. uboot loads
the the dtb file via ftp and then does a booti. For all non PREEMPT_RT
kernels (PREEMPT, NONE, SMP=n, ...) everything works fine. For the
PREEMPT_RT kernel uboot complains with

U-Boot> booti 0x00080000 - 0x02600000
bootloader-commands: Wait for prompt Starting kernel (timeout 00:03:43)
booti 0x00080000 - 0x02600000
ERROR: Did not find a cmdline Flattened Device Tree
Starting kernel ...

It's the same dtb in all cases. Not totally sure what is upsetting uboot
here, maybe the load addresses don't work anymore?

In short, I can't really say if v5.9-rt for ARMv8 works for me.