Re: [GIT PULL] fallthrough pseudo-keyword macro conversions for 5.9-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Aug 24 2020 - 14:46:47 EST

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 8:42 PM Gustavo A. R. Silva
<gustavoars@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not sure what the problem was with my pull-request for -rc2. So, I'm giving
> this a second try because I think it is worth it.

Just "a ton of lines changed across subsystems, I feel like I need to check it".

For example, you say that you remove unnecessary fall-through
markings, but I'm not sure what your pattern for that was.

You left the one in arch/arm64/kernel/cpuinfo.c:
cpuinfo_detect_icache_policy(), for example.

And you've fixed up indentation clearly by hand in places, but then
it's incorrectly done in other places (dib8096_set_param_override())

I've pulled it, but these kinds of "trivial" conversions do make me
nervous. We've had a lot of cases of them breaking things, and it's a
pain to find when it happens.

I think I'd have preferred to get this as a couple of scripts that do
the obvious 1:1 direct conversion of the simple cases that cover 90%
of it all, so then the manual fixups separately.

Oh well. I've pulled it.

Linus