Re: mainline/master bisection: baseline.bootrr.rockchip-pcie-probed on rk3399-gru-kevin

From: Marc Zyngier
Date: Mon Aug 17 2020 - 08:41:55 EST

On 2020-08-17 11:11, Enric Balletbo i Serra wrote:
Hi Guillaume et all,

On 17/8/20 12:02, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
Hi,

Please see the bisection report below about a driver probe
regression with rockchip-pcie.

Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org but this one
looks valid.

Thank you for make it public. It's nice to see kernelCI catching these things.

It seems to be due to this error:

<6>[ 16.842128] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: no vpcie12v regulator found

I just noticed some patches in the ML that might help to fix the issue. It is
not related to the above message though.

This message is always there, and is harmless (the regulator is optional).

I suspect the following series sent by Marc (cc'ied in this email) will fix the
issue [1]. I'd expect the patches to land as a fix for this release.

This is indeed related to the rk3399 DT issue, and how the bisected patch
only makes it plain that the DT has always been broken. The patches you point
to should paper over the problem, and I'd appreciate some feedback on them.

There may be a few more systems affected by this issue (at least MTK and QC
systems could be affected as well).

M.