Re: wine fails to start with seccomp updates for v5.9-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Aug 07 2020 - 11:49:10 EST

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 8:19 AM Alex Xu (Hello71) <alex_y_xu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Linus' master, wine fails to start with the following error:
>
> wine client error:0: write: Bad file descriptor
>
> This issue is not present on 5.8. It appears to be caused by failure to
> write to a pipe FD received via SCM_RIGHTS. Therefore, I tried reverting
> 9ecc6ea491f0, which resolved the issue.

Would you mind trying to bisect exactly where it happens?

I don't think any of the commits in that pull are supposed to change
semantics, and while reverting the whole merge shows that yes, that's
what brought in the problems, it would be good to pinpoint just which
change breaks so that we can fix just that thing.

Kees, ideas?

Linus