Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Aug 01 2020 - 20:00:11 EST

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:36 PM David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net.git

How is this wrt an rc8 or a final?

I have another possible small reason to do an rc8 right now. And this
roughly doubles my current diff.

On a very much related note, I really wish you didn't send the
networking fixes the day before a release is scheduled.

If it's really quiet., send them on (say) Wed/Thu. And then on
Saturday, send a note saying "no, important stuff", hold on. Or say
"nothing new".

Because right now the "last-minute network pull request" has become a
pattern, and I have a very hard time judging whether I should delay a
release for it.

Linus