Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the origin tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 29 2020 - 20:10:19 EST

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 4:43 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, this shows a limitation of my allmodconfig testing (and all my
> normal builds) - no plugins. So that problem wasn't as obvious as it
> should have been.

Ok, that was easy to install and get the coverage, and now I see the error.

Except I still don't know the gcc plugins well enough to fix it at the
plugin level. And the gcc docs only talk about TREE_STATIC() for
functions, not for variables. Apparently variables should use
DECL_THIS_EXTERN or DECL_THIS_STATIC according to the docs I find, but
..

Removing the __latent_entropy marker obviously fixes things.

Linus