Re: [GIT PULL] iommu/arm-smmu: Updates for 5.9

From: Will Deacon
Date: Fri Jul 24 2020 - 07:51:17 EST

Hi Joerg,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 03:33:23PM +0200, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 09:03:53AM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> > Please pull these Arm SMMU driver updates for 5.9. Summary is in the tag,
> > but the main thing is support for two new SoC integrations, one of which
> > is considerably more brain-dead than the other (determining which one is
> > left as an exercise to the reader although the diffstat is fairly revealing).
>
> :)
>
> > The following changes since commit 9ebcfadb0610322ac537dd7aa5d9cbc2b2894c68:
> >
> > Linux 5.8-rc3 (2020-06-28 15:00:24 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/will/linux.git tags/arm-smmu-updates
>
> Pulled, thanks. Given the number of arm-smmu* files it probably makes
> sense to create a drivers/iommu/arm-smmu/ directory and move it all
> there. If you agree feel free to send this as an additional patch on-top
> of this pull-request.

Sure, that makes sense to me: I've included a diff below in case anybody
has comments. I've tackled it slightly differently to how the intel and
amd drivers are handled, since we have a header file (arm-smmu.h) which
is shared by a couple of different drivers. I've also moved the v3 driver
under the arm/ directory as Jean Philippe plans to split out the SVA work
for 5.10.

I'll send a second pull early next week if there are no objections (or
you can pick this patch directly).

Cheers,

Will

--->8