Re: [PULL REQUEST] i2c for 5.8

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Tue Jun 23 2020 - 03:25:16 EST

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 5:05 AM John Stultz <john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 4:36 AM Wolfram Sang <wsa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Andy Shevchenko (17):
> > i2c: designware: Move ACPI parts into common module
>
> Just as a heads up. I'm seeing a regression from this merge that I
> bisected down to the patch above (f9288fcc5c615), with the HiKey
> board. It seems the adv7511 (HDMI bridge) driver isn't probing, which
> causes graphics to fail.
>
> I've just bisected it down and haven't managed to do much debugging,
> but I wanted to raise a flag on this. Let me know if there is anything
> you'd like me to try right off.

Thank you for the report!

The above change was purely clean up / refactoring to get PCI
enumerated devices used to ACPI additional data. I bet your patch is
correct, but I will look closer and see what is the real root cause of
such behaviour. I'll comment on your patch separately.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko