Re: linux-next boot error: WARNING in kmem_cache_free

From: Qian Cai
Date: Mon Jun 22 2020 - 02:29:40 EST

> On Jun 22, 2020, at 1:37 AM, syzbot <syzbot+95bccd805a4aa06a4b0d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at mm/slab.h:232 kmem_cache_free+0x0/0x200 mm/slab.c:2262

Is there any particular reason to use CONFIG_SLAB rather than CONFIG_SLUB?

You are really asking for trouble to test something that almost nobody is exercising that code path very well nowadays.

Anyway, there is a patchset in -mm that might well introduce this regression that we could go to confirm it, but I kind of donât want to spend too much time on SLAB that suppose to be obsolete eventually.