Re: [RFC v1 2/3] drivers: nvmem: Add driver for QTI qfprom-efuse support

From: Srinivas Kandagatla
Date: Mon May 18 2020 - 06:45:03 EST

On 18/05/2020 11:39, Ravi Kumar Bokka (Temp) wrote:

Based on the compatible, do i need to separate probe function for qfprom-efuse and maintain separate nvmem object to register nvmem framework. Is this what you are suggesting to implementing this in to one existing driver?

Yes for same driver we should add new compatible string and add support to this in existing qfprom driver.
Ideally we should allocate nvmem_config object at probe with different parameters based on compatible string.

Do I need to maintain separate efuse dt node?

Not sure what you mean this w.r.t driver, but based on compatible string the device tree bindings might vary like clocks, regulators and so on.

--srini

Could you please suggest me to proceed further.