Re: [RFC v1 0/6] block: add error handling for *add_disk*()

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Tue May 05 2020 - 21:18:27 EST

On 2020-04-29 00:48, Luis Chamberlain wrote:
> While working on some blktrace races I noticed that we don't do
> error handling on *add_disk*() and friends. This is my initial
> work on that.
>
> This is based on linux-next tag next-20200428, you can also get this
> on my branch 20200428-block-fixes [0].
>
> Let me know what you think.
Hi Luis,

Thank you for having done this work. Since triggering error paths can be
challenging, how about adding fault injection capabilities that make it
possible to trigger all modified error paths and how about adding
blktests that trigger these paths? That is the strategy that I followed
myself recently to fix an error path in blk_mq_realloc_hw_ctxs().

Thanks,

Bart.