Re: remaining flexible-array conversions

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Apr 23 2020 - 15:16:12 EST

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 11:23 AM Gustavo A. R. Silva
<gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just wanted to ask you if you would agree on pulling the remaining
> flexible-array conversions all at once, after they bake for a couple
> of weeks in linux-next[1]
>
> This is not a disruptive change and there are no code generation
> differences.

The "no code generation differnces" is a good thing, but how was that
tested? I assume just one configuration or architecture?

Also, it bothers me a bit that some of the diff is unrelated
whitespace cleanup. I'd actually be happier with a pure scripted patch
(maybe coccinelle, maybe something else), than something that looks
like it's at least partly manual. In particular, if I can re-create
the diff with a script, I'd not have to worry about verifying it other
ways..

Linus