Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Apr 23 2020 - 09:04:06 EST

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:30:41 +0100 Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 03:55:39PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>
> > Presumably caused by (one of) commits
>
> > fe17e6cdc0fe ("ASoC: SOF: imx8: Fix randbuild error")
> > cb0312f61c3e ("ASoC: SOF: imx: fix undefined reference issue")
>
> > I just removed the COMPILE_TEST from SND_SOC_SOF_IMX_TOPLEVEL for today.
>
> It looks like this is triggered by PowerPC not including
> drivers/firmware - there are missing dependencies but it works for other
> all*configs since the dependencies all get built in those. It would be
> helpful if PowerPC were fixed to include the firmware directory to
> improve coverage.

$ git grep drivers/firmware 'arch/*/*Kconfig*'
arch/arm/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig"
arch/arm64/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig"
arch/ia64/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig"
arch/mips/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig"
arch/x86/Kconfig:source "drivers/firmware/Kconfig"

so, sure, it works for some architectures. We would need someone to do
the work to make sure that adding drivers/firmware to all the others
does not break other stuff. Until then, please add the needed
dependencies.

Thanks.
--
Cheers,