Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the drm-misc-fixes tree

From: Tomi Valkeinen
Date: Tue Apr 21 2020 - 02:10:42 EST

Hi,

On 21/04/2020 04:52, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:he drm-misc tree with the drm-misc-fixes tree

drivers/gpu/drm/tidss/tidss_encoder.c

between commit:

9da67433f64e ("drm/tidss: fix crash related to accessing freed memory")

from the drm-misc-fixes tree and commit:

b28ad7deb2f2 ("drm/tidss: Use simple encoder")

from the drm-misc tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter version of this file) and can

We need to use "drm/tidss: fix crash related to accessing freed memory" version.

carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

I have fixed this with drm-misc's dim tool, so I presume the conflict goes away when drm-misc-fixes is merged to drm-fixes, and drm-fixes is then at some point merged to drm-misc-next.

It was a bit bad timing with the "drm/tidss: Use simple encoder", which removes the plumbing I needed to implement the fix. So I effectively revert the "drm/tidss: Use simple encoder".

Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki