Re: [TEGRA194_CPUFREQ Patch 2/3] cpufreq: Add Tegra194 cpufreq driver

From: Sumit Gupta
Date: Thu Apr 16 2020 - 03:06:30 EST

On 16/04/20 9:07 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

On 15-04-20, 16:55, Sumit Gupta wrote:

On 14/04/20 11:15 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

On 13-04-20, 17:50, Sumit Gupta wrote:
This was done considering long delay value as explained previously.
Do you think that smp_call_function_single() would be better than work queue
here?

Don't work with assumptions, you should test both and see which one
works better. Workqueue should never be faster than
smp_call_function_single() with my understanding.
Checked the time taken and its almost same in both cases.
Earlier we used smp_call_function_single(), but delay time period was small
in that SOC. In T194, the time period was more. So, this is an optimization
done because using work queue has advantage as interrupts will not be
disabled for that period.

Hmm, okay, keep the workqueue and mention the required details in a
comment for everyone to understand why the implementation is done that
way.

sure, thank you!

--
viresh