Re: [Tech-board-discuss] [Ksummit-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Change to charter

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Mar 13 2020 - 11:42:06 EST

On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 09:05:36 -0400
Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Personally, I think that our definition of who can vote should be "any
> member of our community", but it's not practical, right?

The question is, how do you define "any member of the community". Should
drive by patch senders have the same influence as the a maintainer that is
spending hours working on the project?

It really comes down to what is the TAB? It is the Linux Foundation's
Technical Advisory Board. As the name suggests, its the way to have
influence to the Linux Foundation on behalf of the Linux kernel community.

I really believe that those with the largest stakes in the success of the
Linux kernel have the most influence. Otherwise we could easily end up with
mob mentality and get the same kind of representation that the United
States currently has.

-- Steve