Re: [RFC v2] x86: Select HARDIRQS_SW_RESEND on x86

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Wed Mar 11 2020 - 17:49:23 EST

Hi,

On 3/11/20 10:31 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I just need to stare at the legacy PIC and the virt stuff.

Also maybe we should add a Cc: stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ??? This seems like
somewhat a big change for that but it does solve some real issues...

Yes. Let me stare at the couple of weird irqchips which might get
surprised. I'll teach them not to do that :)

I know that you are very busy, still I'm wondering is there any progress
on this ?

Bah. That fell through the cracks, but actually I looked at this due to
the PCI-E AER wreckage. So yes, this is fine, but we want:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200306130623.590923677@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200306130623.684591280@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

if we want to backport this to stable.

So far I have seen a few, but not a lot of devices which need this, so
I'm not 100% sure what to do here.

Do you consider this change safe / suitable for stable if those 2 patches
are backported and applied first?

Regards,

Hans