Re: [failures] mm-vmscan-remove-unnecessary-lruvec-adding.patch removed from -mm tree

From: Alex Shi
Date: Fri Mar 06 2020 - 04:04:30 EST

å 2020/3/6 äå11:32, Qian Cai åé:

>> On Mar 5, 2020, at 9:50 PM, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>> The patch titled
>> Subject: mm/vmscan: remove unnecessary lruvec adding
>> has been removed from the -mm tree. Its filename was
>> mm-vmscan-remove-unnecessary-lruvec-adding.patch
>>
>> This patch was dropped because it had testing failures
> Andrew, do you have more information about this failure? I hit a bug
> here under memory pressure and am wondering if this is related
> which might save me some time diggingâ
>
> [ 4389.727184][ T6600] mem_cgroup_update_lru_size(00000000bb31aaed, 0, -7): lru_size -1

This bug seems failed due to a update_lru_size() missing or misplace, but
what's I changed on this patch seems unlike to cause this bug.

Anyway, Qian, could you do me a favor to remove this patch and try again?
Since I am trying ltp's oom01 case,
# i=0; while :; do echo $((i++)); oom01; sleep 5; done
It runs well in dozens times on my qemu and hardware machine, on akpm branch commit f2cbd107a99b,
which included my 6 patches.

Andrew,

What's the reproduce steps for this test failure?

Thanks a lot for everyone!
Alex