Re: [patch 13/16] x86/entry: Move irqflags and context tracking to C for simple idtentries

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed Feb 26 2020 - 11:28:27 EST

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 07:11:39AM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

> In some sense, this is a weakness of the magic macro approach. Some
> of the entries just want to have code that runs before all the entry
> fixups. This is an example of it. So are the cr2 reads. It can all
> be made to work, but it's a bit gross.

Right. In my current pile (new patche since last posting) I also have
one that makes #DB save-clear/restore DR7.

I got it early enough that only a watchpoint on the task stack can still
screw us over, since I also included your patch that excludes
cpu_entry_area.

Pushing it earlier still would require calling into C from the entry
stack, which I know is on your todo list, but we're not quite there yet.