[patch 0/8] x86/entry: Consolidation - Part II

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Feb 25 2020 - 18:25:52 EST

Hi!

This is the second batch of a 73 patches series which consolidates the x86
entry code. The larger explanation is in the part I cover letter:

https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200225213636.689276920@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I applies on top of part I which can be found via the above link.

This part cleans up the entry code and lifts the irq tracing and entry/exit
work into C, which is a preliminary to make especially the exit work a
generic infrastructure.

It has some rough edges as some of the ASM code is shared with
exceptions/traps/interrupts, which will be addressed in later parts of the
series.

This applies on top of part one which is available here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/devel.git entry-v1-part1

To get both part 1 and part 2 pull from here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/devel.git entry-v1-part2

Thanks,

tglx

entry_32.S | 24 ++-------------
entry_64.S | 6 ---