[RFC] Volume control across multiple registers

From: Dan Murphy
Date: Wed Feb 19 2020 - 16:18:21 EST

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to control the volume of a speaker device with full volume control spread out across 4 8bit registers.

The standard TLV calls only allow a single register for volume control. But I have 4 I need to touch to get a full range of volume from 0dB to -110dB.

I was looking at using the DAPM calls and use PGA_E and define an event but there really is no good way to get the current volume setting.

I don't see any example of this in any current driver.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Dan