Re: Applied "ASoC: core: ensure component names are unique" to the asoc tree

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Feb 18 2020 - 14:03:19 EST

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 07:55:31PM +0100, Jerome Brunet wrote:

> 1) Multiple components :
> I found out that in fact it is common for linux devices to register
> multiple components. For most, it is a combination of the dmaengine
> generic and the actual device component, but other register more
> component. Ex:
> - vc4-hdmi
> - atmel-classd
> - atmel-pdmic
> - cros-ec-codec
> - mtXXXX-afe-pcm
> I suspect these trigger the debugfs warning
> Even dummy register two components :D

I hadn't realized we have so many - I'd have expected the debugfs
complaints would've been noticable to people, I was hoping based on the
initial discussion that it was just a couple of quick fixed needed.
Guess not :/

Anyway, I agree that a revert is probably sensible for the time being
and getting this done is more involved - can you send patches doing the
revert with a changelog explaining the rationale please?