[Question] Why PageReadahead is not migrated by migration code?

From: Yang Shi
Date: Thu Feb 13 2020 - 12:07:18 EST

Hi folks,

Recently we saw some PageReadahead related bugs, so I did a quick check about the use of PageReadahead. I just found the state is *not* migrated by migrate_page_states().

Since migrate_page() won't migrate writeback page, so if PageReadahead is set it should just mean PG_readahead rather than PG_reclaim. So, I didn't think of why it is not migrated.

I dig into the history a little bit, but the change in migration code is too overwhelming. But, it looks PG_readahead was added after migration was introduced. Is it just a simple omission?

Thanks,

Yang