Re: [GIT PULL] KVM changes for Linux 5.6-rc2

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Feb 12 2020 - 15:14:11 EST

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:02 PM Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know, but still I consider it. There is no reason why the "build
> test" should be anything more than "make && echo yes i am build-tested".

It damn well should check for warnings.

And if you can't bother eye-balling it or scripting it, then simply use

make KCFLAGS=-Werror

but sadly I can't enforce that in general for all kernel builds simply
because some people use compilers that cause new warnings (compiler
updates etc commonly result in them, for example).

So I can't add -Werror in general, but developers can certainly use it
trivially.

No grep or other scripting required (although the above may cause
problems for that one sample file that does cause warnings - I didn't
check).

Linus