Re: [BUG] Kernel log flooded by message "logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C53A.000C: logi_dj_hidpp_event: invalid device index:7"

From: Mikhail Gavrilov
Date: Wed Feb 12 2020 - 07:53:18 EST

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 17:38, Filipe LaÃns <lains@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-02-10 at 13:21 +0500, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> > Kernel log flooded by message
> > logitech-djreceiver 0003:046D:C53A.000C: logi_dj_hidpp_event: invalid
> > device index:7
> > This happens when the mouse is idle.
> > And it started since I begin using the mouse pad with Power Play
> > technology.
> >

> > Kernel ver: 5.6 pre RC
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > Mike Gavrilov.
>
> Hello Mike,
>
> Yes, the Powerplay mat exports a static HID++ 2.0 device with index 7
> to configure the led on the mat. The current code expects devices to
> have a maximum index of 6, which is the maximum index of pairable
> devices.
>
> I already submitted a patch adding support for the Logitech G Powerplay
> mat but it wasn't been upstreamed it. I will attach it in case you want
> to try it.

Thanks, I tested the patch for a day and "logitech-djreceiver"
messages was not appear anymore and no other regressions are noted.
Why this patch wasn't been upstreamed?

Also would be good if "logitech-djreceiver" provides information for
upower daemon as how did it happening with unifying receiver and my
previous mouse Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400.

For example:

$ upower --dump
Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/mouse_hidpp_battery_0
native-path: hidpp_battery_0
model: Zone Touch Mouse T400
serial: 4026-cf-15-61-0d
power supply: no
updated: Sun 22 Dec 2019 02:41:30 PM +05 (89 seconds ago)
has history: yes
has statistics: yes
mouse
present: yes
rechargeable: yes
state: discharging
warning-level: none
battery-level: normal
percentage: 55% (should be ignored)
icon-name: 'battery-low-symbolic'

Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/DisplayDevice
power supply: no
updated: Sun 22 Dec 2019 10:58:54 AM +05 (13445 seconds ago)
has history: no
has statistics: no
unknown
warning-level: none
icon-name: 'battery-missing-symbolic'

Daemon:
daemon-version: 0.99.11
on-battery: no
lid-is-closed: no
lid-is-present: no
critical-action: HybridSleep

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/200750/71320201-d8a5ea80-24c9-11ea-9ea9-97100545d294.png

Currently, only sensors show the power charge level, but without
"upower" daemon user-friendly indication not available in DE.

$ sensors
hidpp_battery_0-hid-3-9
Adapter: HID adapter
in0: 4.08 V