Re: [sparc64] unable to build kernel after bbfceba15f8 / "kdb: Get rid of confusing diag msg from "rd" if current task has no regs"

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Date: Fri Feb 07 2020 - 05:58:09 EST

Hi Doug!

On 2/4/20 11:13 PM, Doug Anderson wrote:
> Argh. Sorry about this. :( I'm not setup with a sparc compiler, but
> I've simulated your results on arm64 by just commenting out the
> definition of "DBG_MAX_REG_NUM" in "arch/arm64/include/asm/kgdb.h".
At least on Debian and openSUSE, compilers for most kernel architectures
are available as cross-compilers ready for installation. So it might
be a good idea to have a machine running Debian or openSUSE around
for performing these tests.

On Debian, you can just install a SPARC compiler with:

$ apt install gcc-sparc64-linux-gnu

The only target that is currently missing is ia64 but that's on my
TODO list for Debian :).

Adrian

--
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz