Re: sound/soc/intel/boards/hda_dsp_common.c:76: undefined reference to `snd_hda_codec_build_controls'

From: Pierre-Louis Bossart
Date: Thu Feb 06 2020 - 13:01:27 EST

ÂÂÂ ld: sound/soc/intel/boards/hda_dsp_common.o: in function `hda_dsp_hdmi_build_controls':
sound/soc/intel/boards/hda_dsp_common.c:76: undefined reference to `snd_hda_codec_build_controls'

Looks like the revert select enforcing the built-in of SOF while the
legacy HDA is a module. It doesn't look so trivial to fix...

SOF in this case is build as a module, but the machine driver isn't.

It seems like the SND_SOC_INTEL_SKL_HDA_DSP_GENERIC_MACH option is different from others machine drivers. All others can only be either M or not selected, but here we have a case where the selection can be M or y.

Suggested fix is here, running it through our CI tests for now:

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/pull/1768

This should be caught by kbuild tests as well.