Re: Latest Git kernel: avahi-daemon[2410]: ioctl(): Inappropriate ioctl for device

From: Christophe Leroy
Date: Sun Feb 02 2020 - 03:19:50 EST

Hello,

Le 02/02/2020 Ã 01:08, Christian Zigotzky a ÃcritÂ:
Hello,

We regularly compile and test Linux kernels every day during the merge window. Since Thuesday we have very high CPU loads because of the avahi daemon on our desktop Linux systems (Ubuntu, Debian etc).

Error message: avahi-daemon[2410]: ioctl(): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Do you know which ioctl, on which device ?
Can you take a trace of running avahi-daemon with 'strace' ?

Can you bisect ?

Christophe