Re: [GIT PULL] kconfig: localmodconfig: Minor clean ups to streamline_config.pl

From: Masahiro Yamada
Date: Thu Jan 30 2020 - 21:10:02 EST

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 4:39 AM Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 03:30:37 +0900
> Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > I know you are the author of streamline_config,
> > but actually did not know you were collecting
> > patches for this particular file.
> >

> > I did not receive a notice email from you,
> > nor did these commits appear in linux-next at all.
> > Could you send a notice email when
> > you pick up a patch next time?
> > (Sorry, I also forgot to send a email.
> > I will drop them from my tree.)
> >

> It's my fault. I was looking through my inbox (actually my local
> patchwork that reads my inbox) and saw these patches from back in
> December. I then went to my "kconfig" development git repo, and saw I
> pulled them in, but never actually pushed them anywhere (not even to my
> "staging" machine where I stage my pushes to kernel.org).
>
> This being the merge window, I rushed to get them in as they were very
> trivial changes. This isn't my normal flow, it was more "Oh crap! I
> forgot about these, let me get them in now".
>
> If you have them in your tree, I'm fine with them getting in from there.
> I should have looked in next (I only looked to see if Linus already had
> them).
>
> Note, since this file hasn't been updated in years, my kconfig
> 'for-next' branch has been removed from linux-next :-/

Steven,

OK, I see. I will also try my best to send a notice email.
I want to avoid a situation where two people
are picking up the same patches without noticing each other.

Linus,

If you have not pulled this one yet,
could you ignore it?

I will soon send pull requests for Kbuild + Kconfig,
which includes the same patches.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada