[LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] ls+cat based debugging for BPF

From: Song Liu
Date: Fri Jan 24 2020 - 16:25:43 EST

ls+cat based debugging for BPF
================================

Currently, users monitor/debug BPF programs and maps via sys_bpf(). This
approach is different to the habit of some system admins, who do these
works via ls+cat in sysfs. In this LSF/MM/BPF, we would like to discuss
whether/how to enable similar debugging interface for BPF programs and
maps. Specifically, we can discuss:

1) What inforamtions to show in sysfs/bpffs;
2) Granularity to enable/disable these information;
3) Will there be any overhead? If so, how much overhead is acceptable.

These discussions should save us a lot of time over emails.

I will share a prototype of this before LSF/MM/BPF.

Thanks,
Song