RE: vfat: Broken case-insensitive support for UTF-8

From: David Laight
Date: Mon Jan 20 2020 - 11:51:40 EST

From: Al Viro

For filesystems that really ought to be true.
Saves a lot of problems in the kernel.

I guess the fat driver has to do something to convert the UCS-16 on-disk filenames
to/from a sequence of octets.

Even Microsoft have made it much easier to have case-dependant
NTS4 filesystems in windows 10.
(Ever watched the number of different cases in the list of c:/windows/system32/drivers/*.sys
filenames output when windows boots? They are nearly all different!)

Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)